Jumpers

If I were American, or maybe just of a different generation, this post might be called "My Sweater-Knitting Journey".

It started when my daughter and I had a converstaion about the traditional Marius genser, which I've written about in a previous post.

I realised that knitting a jumper is, in many ways, easier than knitting smaller garments like socks, mittens and hats. Especially if you start at the top, it's just a matter of casting on, increasing, then knitting, and knitting, and knitting for a few days.

The downside of smaller project knitting is that it's over quickly and you need to make a decision on what to start next - choosing the yarn either from your stash or the yarn shop... it sounds trivial, but that decision process can get tiresome if it's happening every couple of days.

I also realised that if I didn't do the stranded pattern, and chose a simple raglan increase, the process was infinitely more therapuetic. Now that I'd discovered the joy of knitting simple, one colour raglan jumpers, there's no stopping me!




Here are the jumpers I've knitted this summer. The first, pink one was completed mid June.

Links to the Ravelry page under each photo.


Pink top down raglan with 3/4 sleeves
I've also attempted to post the process and a basic pattern for the pink one.





Coral cotton.

Plum cashmere, Merino blend.

Reversible, black alpaca, mohair & silk

Nautical Stripe



http://www.ravelry.com/projects/kwraikarn/raglan-sweater




Comments

Popular Posts