New Geometry Blanket, wip


Yarn: Safirgarn, DK
Needles: 5.5mm & 6mm crochet hook, for cast-on.

I used this provisional cast on method.
Chain 29st with a crochet hook, but instead of using scrap yarn I used the working yarn.
The stitch on the hook counts as the 30th stitch.
With the same yarn, pick up the stitches.

Unblocked, the slingshot vs 'provisional' cast on


Decrease row: 
Slip the first stitch of every row, 
K2tog, Knit to the last 2 stitches K2tog
Knit 3 rows

Repeat these four rows until there are 2 stitches left. K2tog, cut yarn, leaving at least 15cms, and pull through the loop.


To make the half triangle:
CO 16 stitches and knit one row.
Decrease row: Sl 1, K2tog, knit to the end of the row.
Knit 3 rows.

Repeat these four rows until there are 2 stitches left. K2tog, cut yarn, leaving at least 15cms, and pull through the loop.



Design:
I sat down today to plan out the design for the colours I'd bought.
I found this image online and manipulated it to the right dimensions.


Then I changed the colours to the colours I'd bought.


But I didn't like the way they looked. So, I simplified it to just the neutrals and two colours.

general idea of layout/design




The following is mainly for my own use, as reference material.

Maths:
I've calculated the finished blanket to be 153cms x 204 cms.
Each triangle is approximately 17cms.
The blanket will be 9 x 12 triangles.
1 ball of Safirgarn yeilds 4 triangles
108 triangles + 24 half triangles = 108+12= 120 triangles total.
120/4= 30 balls of yarn







Comments

Popular Posts